DREAM BIG. LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL.
Want to try surfing? Or SUP? Or maybe kitesurfing? Let AltaVista make your dream a reality
The Algarve has fast become the most popular destination for activity holidays. With fantastic weather, beautiful beaches, world-class surf sports and national parks such as the Costa Vicentina, it is the perfect place to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. With more than 30 activities to choose from, there’s something for every budget and lifestyle. All activities can be pre-booked. In summer, we recommend pre-booking activities to avoid disappointment.
We surf pretty much 365 days a year in The Algarve. On the west coast we have the Atlantic rollers and on the south coast we have the more sheltered Algarve. Enjoy lessons at the best surf camps in Europe as you take in the breathtaking beauty of Portugal. Best to Book in Advance
• Lessons for Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced
• Free Transfers and Picnic Lunch,
• Wetsuits and Boards all Included
|Surfing||Off Peak €|
Apr May Jun
Jul Aug Sep Oct
The Algarve is perfect for kitesurfing with brilliant wind conditions. In summer we get the northerly ‘Nortada’ winds, picking up in early afternoon and creating fabulous conditions for learning to Kite on a shallow lagoon sheltered from the tides and currents. Book in Advance.
• 3 Hour Course – Introduction to the basics of flying a kite
• 7 Hour Course – Gets you on the board and moving
• 10 Hour Course- Gets you to a level to practise on your own.
|Fundamentals||3 hour course||120|
|On board and moving||7 hour course||220|
|Get to Kite on your own||10 hour course||300|
|Advanced tricks/jumps||15 hour course||415|
SUP (Stand Up Paddleboarding) is the fastest growing watersport ever! It’s easy to learn, great exercise for all fitness levels and perfect for soaking up the Portuguese sun. Explore amazing secret beaches, caves and grottoes along the beautiful Algarve coast. Leaving the Lodge every morning at 7:45am
• All boards are large and perfect for beginners
• Learning is easy and will include safety and basic techniques
• Within a short time you will be exploring the coast
|Sunrise Grottos |
|All Day River Tour||7 hrs||65|
|Wave SUP Intro||3 -4 hrs||110|
With it’s stunning coastline, beautiful beaches, tranquil waters and sheltered south coast, the Algarve is the perfect place to kayak and snorkel. Our expert guides will take you to secret coves, grottoes and beaches that are only accessible from the sea.
• Kayak through grottoes, secluded beaches and caves
• Guided tours with our expert guide
• Opportunity to snorkel and swim in the crystal clear waters
|Kayaking + Snorkelling||Luz||3 hrs||55|
|Grotto Tour + guide||Lagos Batata||2hr 30m||35|
YOGA AND MASSAGE
Unwind, refresh and restore balance in the body with the healing powers of Yoga and Massage! You will walk away feeling more rejuvenated in the mind, body and spirit and the knowledge to maintain this daily.
• Experienced yoga and massage hosts.
• Tranquil yoga garden and purpose built covered yoga studio
• Morning yoga lessons on ocean front gardens (15 mins walk)
|Yoga and Massage||Duration||Price €|
|Full Body Massage||1 hour||60|
|Back Massage||30 min||30|
The Algarve offers fantastic diving locations, with reefs, caves, underwater rock formations and ship wrecks, all with crystal clear waters. It is the perfect place to learn to scuba dive. Please Book Courses in Advance.
• One day course will get you making your first dive at sea
• Get PADI qualified - 3 day advanced course
• Advanced courses for open water, rescue and divemaster
|Scuba Diving||Duration||Price €|
|Beginners||Pool + sea dive||1 day||110|
|Scuba Diver certificate||down to 18m||4 days||300|
|PADI Advanced||down to 30m||2 - 3 days||350|
|Qualified Divers||own / rented equip||per dive||35 to 55|
The Algarve is the perfect backdrop for your horse riding adventure with unspoiled countrysides, beautiful beaches and the national parks of the west coast. Best to Book in Advance.
• Riding for all Levels from Beginners up to Advanced
• Explore our Tracks and Trails through Unspoilt Countryside
• Local Family run Stable with over 20 Horses
• Discovery and Adventure Packages over 3 Days
|Horse Riding||Duration in Saddle||Description||Price|
|Beginners||1 hour 20 mins||Local area||60|
|Safari||3 hours||Coast & Country||105|
|Adventure||5 hours||Forest & Valleys||160|
Famous for it’s wild Atlantic cliffs at Sagres and stunning coastlines, it’s easy to see why the Algarve is a climbers paradise! From sporting climbs to deep water soloing and adventure, you’ll find the perfect climb no matter your level. Best to Book in Advance.
• Climbing spots around Lagos, Sagres and Rocha da Pena
• Beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
• Climbing shoes and equipment provided
• Rock and Surf - rock climbing and surfing are great combo
|Rock Climbing||At Rockface||Half day||Full Day|
|Max 6||2 hrs||50||65|
|Private (1 -3 pers)||4 hrs||150||195|
MTB beginner / intermediate
The vast ‘Vincente’ national park and spectacular coastline create the most amazing trails so it is not surprising that The Algarve was voted the top Mountain Biking destination in Europe. Best to Book in Advance
• Beach, Cliff top or Barrao Valley half day trail rides
• Canal, Wild West, Lagos, South Coast or Barao Valley Full Day
• Bike included - Scenic, intermediate and expert routes
|MTB Trail Rides||Half day||Full Day|
|South Coast / Barao Valley||40||80|
|Super Coast / Wild West||-||80|
|Lagos Loop / Canal Ride||-||80|
|Cliff Top / Beach Ride||40||-|
From extreme to serene, we have it all. The Monchique Hills with 1000m of extinct volcanoes are an exhilarating challenge for ‘All Mountain’ enthusiasts. The Algarve was voted the top ‘All Mountain’ biking destination in Europe. Book in Advance.
• MTB Mountain Rides to suit Intermediate and Experts
• Transport, Uplifts, Bike Hire included. Many hand built tracks.
• Summit to Sea + Enduru up to 3000m of Vertical Descents
|Enduro (All Mountain)||Transport and Bike||Full day||100|
|Summit to sea||Transport and Bike||Full Day||90|
|Dam Descent||Transport and Bike||Full Day||90|
Let´s go flying – an unforgettable experience. This must be the most amazing ‘selfie’ that you will ever post, a thrill that defies belief and spectacular views of the Algarve coastline that only those crazy and brave enough to jump out of a plane at 15,000 ft could ever hope to experience. Book on Arrival.
• The Algarve #1 skydive experience!
• Tandem jumps include tuition and equipment
• Beginner and advanced lessons
• Jump from the highest altitude in Europe
|Tandem Jump||12000 ft / 3600m||160|
|Tandem Jump||15000 ft / 5000m||200|
Try coasteering, climb along the edge of the stunning Algarve coastline and jump and swim into the Atlantic Ocean. Our team can show you the best spots to jump in from, places to slide down or caves to swim through. The Algarve coast is your playground. Book on Arrival.
• Beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
• All equipment included
• Explore hidden beaches, amazing cliffs and rock formations.
Swimming through caves
|Free transport||3 hours||55|
WAKEBOARD CABLE PARQUE
The only cable wakeboard park in the Algarve offers ideal, calm conditions that will get you up on a board in no time. Come discover the thrill of wakeboarding! Book on Arrival.
• Beginners course guarantees to get you up on a board
• Beginners to advanced lessons
• Ramps and jumps to test the more advanced
• Master cable wakeboarding and get ready for the sea.
• Westsuit and all equipment included. Cafe on site.
|Advanced 20 mins wakeboarding||32|
Praia da Luz catches the ‘Nortada’, an offshore northwest wind that provides excellent conditions for sailing. Winds are often at their best late afternoon. Book on Arrival.
• Includes all equipment and instruction
• Safety boat and safety briefing
• Beginner and advanced lessons
|Hobie Cat Wave 13||rental per hour||30|
|Dart 26||rental per hour||35|
|Lessons||1 hr 30 mins||50|
WATERSKI / WAKEBOARDING
Experience the thrill of waterskiing or wakeboarding towed by a powerful speedboat. Our experienced instructors will skilfully get beginners up and gliding on the water and test the most advanced by creating a wake for jumps. Praia da Luz is just a few minutes walk from AltaVista. Book on Arrival.
• Powerful speedboat and experienced instructors
• Beginners to advanced
• Calmest waters are usually in the morning
The sweeping bay of Luz provides ideal conditions for these powerful machines with a designated safe course where you can enjoy the thrills and excitement of fast turns and speed. Get wet and have a blast. Book on Arrival.
• No licence needed. No speed limits
• Lifejacket, ski jet and fuel included
• Safety boat and safety area for jetskiing
|Up to 2 persons||20 mins||50|
|Up to 2 persons||30 mins||70|