Ride with the Wind
Breathtaking Speed and Thrills
Kitesurfing is the fastest growing extreme spot, with its fast and easy learning curve you’ll be up and riding and even working on jumps within your first week of kiting! With beautiful beaches, incredible weather and tranquil flat water lagoons, the Algarve is the perfect backdrop to your Kitesurfing holiday.
• 7 nights accomodation at AltaVista
• 3 day course (10 hours)
• Experienced licensed (VDWS/IKO) Kite instructors
• Learn on flat water lagoon of Alvor in Lagos
• Fantastic conditions
• Proven kite program to get you up and riding
• All equipment included
• 7 delicious free breakfasts at our lodge
• Full use of lodge facilities
• Surfing, SUP and hikes are offered on no-wind days
Perfect for all fitness levels, you don’t require a huge amount of upper body strength. The power from the Kite is taken by a waist harness, leaving your arms free to control the kite sail and bar.
The Algarve is the perfect kiting destination, with brilliant wind conditions throughout the year. In summer we welcome the northerly ‘Nortrada’ winds, picking up in the early afternoon and creating the best possible conditions for learning to Kite.
The Alvor Lagoon, just a short drive from the Lodge and Lagos is an ideal location to learn and master Kitesurfing. Covering over 2 km, the water is calm and flat and only waist deep making it the safest learning environment in all of Europe.
For the best conditions join us in June, July and August. With strong winds every afternoon, it’s the perfect time to come and learn. Outside of these months we can’t guarantee kitesurfing every day, however we have so many great activities on offer there’s plenty to fill your day with if the wind doesn’t show up! Surfing, SUP or guided hikes will be offered on no-wind days
Our dedicated and friendly team of Kitesurfing instructors offer structured lessons for all levels. With years of teaching experience, they will fast track you to be up and riding in no time. With the lowest student to instructor ratio in the area, there will be a maximum of 4 students per instructor, guaranteeing personalised tuition and safety guidance throughout your sessions. Our instructors speak several languages.
With flexible teaching hours, we ensure you’ll be learning in the best possible conditions all week long. At the end of the course you could be certified with a VDWS kiteboarding license card.
Day 1 – 3 Hours:
An Introduction to the basics and fundamentals of flying a powerful Kite:
– Basic tuition on Kite Surfing equipment
– Safety checks and how to set up your kite
– How to carry out a site assessment for safety
– Water safety briefing
– How to launch and land your kite
– Practising re-launching your kite when kite goes down
– Body Dragging, getting you in the water and using the power of the kite
– Understanding and practice of deep water self rescues
Day 2 – 3/4 Hours:
Get up and moving! A more detailed course to get you up and moving on the board.
– Introduction to waterstarts and theory
– Safety systems
– Further tuition on launching and re-launching kite from water
– Getting up on the board
– Piloting a small kite on the beach
– Practising with bigger kite on the water
– Knowledge of kitesurfing etiquette
Day 3 – 3 Hours:
Ride with the wind! Learn how to ride your board safely to new horizons – even against the wind!
– Complete theory, safety systems and equipment set-up
– Independently able to launch, land and re-launch your kite
– Demonstrate good control of your board and self-rescue
– Practice with bigger inflatable kite in the water
– Body dragging and water starts
– Confident in edging both heel and toe edge
– Advanced site and risk assessment
– Understanding tides, wind and weather conditions
– You’ll be ready to get out there kitesurfing on your own
Kitesurfing Package from 475€ each pw
For a QUOTE click on the link below
(Couples can chose different activities or book room only).
- Select your dates & Choose your room
- Click Next – Select Surf Package (Peak or Off Peak)
- Add any other activities or transfers/car hire etc.
- Submit your Request with any other questions.
NO DEPOSIT Required. We will quickly get back to you to confirm.